Quotes Of Jericho

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Heather: Okay... kids... Listen to me. If the bus stops again, we're going to need you to walk back to town and get help, okay?
Lucas: I don't know where we are!
Jake: Get to the stop sign. Turn left. Take a left.
Lucas: Which way's left?
Jake (dropping head and groaning frustrated): Ahhh!
Heather: Hold up your hands. Stick out your thumbs. The one that makes the L, that's your left. Boy (amazed at Jake): How'd you learn how to do that?
Jake: Military school
Boy: Were you a soldier?
Jake (laughing): No a screw up.
Gail (sneaking money into Jake's pocket): Just stay one more day.
Jake: I've got to get back to San Diego by tomorrow. Mom, one more thing.
Gail: Hmm?
Jake (hands her the money): You have clumsy hands.
Gail: I love you.
Gail: I'm glad you're home.
Jake: Yeah, we'll see
Jake: I go away for a few years and the town goes to hell.
Gail: Oh God, look at you. You're a mess.
Jake: I'm fine. Stop worrying about me.
Gail: Yeah, good luck with that.
Johnston: Sheriff, Chief. Damage? Fire? Buildings?
Sheriff: Nothing Mr. Mayor, the town's fine.
Johnston: Let us hope you're right.
Girl: No fun, you have to hide better! What are you, what are you looking at?
Mayor Johnston Green: Hey, Shep? You said earlier that you had heard that speech before. Ever ask yourself why I say it? ‘Cause I happen to trust you people. ‘Cause I love my town. Now, something happened in Denver, in Atlanta, and it could be that we wake up and find out that’s where it stopped. But, until we know, are we going to use our imaginations to solve problems or to cause them? Now, we can get the power back on. We can find out how big this thing is. If we have to we can fight. We can fight anybody, we can fight all enemies. The only way that’s going to happen is if we work together. Now, go on home. We’ll meet tomorrow at the town hall. And folks, don’t you break my heart again.
Stanley: Oh, I can’t believe it. Jake Green. How you doing man? When did you get back to town?
Jake: Just now. Is that Bonnie? (Bonnie waves at Jake, Jake signs to Bonnie) You grew up.

Stanley: Well, wait a minute, where the hell have you been?
Jake: You know, around.
Stanley: Jake, no one’s been around for five years
Jake: The Army. I’ve been in the Army.
Stanley: Good for you.
Jake: What’s your name?
Heather: Heather.
Jake: Jake.
Heather: Nice to meet you, Jake.
Jake: You, too.
Gail: Johnston!
Mayor: What?
Gail: Dale Turners mother died tonight in another explosion, Atlanta...
Mayor: Oh my God!
Robert: You might want to get some black spray paint, you know, cover that. (Points at the word "Jericho" on the police car) Look, I know that you're telling people that is was an accident, an I hope it was, but if it was an attack, Sheriff and there's chaos out there, you might not want the wrong people to know that Jericho is still here.
Sheriff: With all do respect Mr. Hawkins, this is no St. Louis. (Walks off)
Robert: Excuse me, Sheriff, Robert Hawkins.
Sheriff: Well it's good to meet you Mr. Hawkins but as you can see, we have got outs hands full.
Robert: Could you use an extra man?
Sheriff: No civilians, mayor's orders.
Robert: Well I use to be a cop, St. Louis.
Sheriff: Do know the roads around here?
Robert: No, I just moved to town.
Sheriff: Then I'm afraid you'll just slow us down, I'm sorry
(A group of people gather around listening to an anwser machine message.)
Dale's Mother: Baby, what are you staring at out the window?
Man: Get over here and look at this.
Dale's Mother: What, what is that? Oh my god, Oh my god!
(A sound of an explosion is heard and the message ends abruptly.)
Gail: Oh, Dale, I am so sorry, I didn't know your mother was in Denver.
Dale: She wasn't in Denver. She was in Atlanta.
Female Student: Miss Lisinski, are we going to have school tomorrow?
Heather Lisinski: We'll figure it out honey.
Female Student: I vote no.
(Johnston knocks on the door, Old Man Oliver answers the door cocking his shotgun)
Johnston: Oh, Oliver, would you stop that.
Old Man Oliver: Sorry, Johnston. Thought you were Aliens. Well, we're under attack, by Aliens. Don't you know that?
Johnston: Yes, we do. That's why we're here. Do you have your Ham radio?
Old Man Oliver: Yeah, for you....50 cents
Deputy: Are we under attack?
Johnston: Son, I don't want to hear that word again. Now look, this could have been a test. It could have been an accident. There's, uh, military bases near Denver. One explosion does not make an attack. If we stay calm, the town stays calm, okay.
Emily: Uh my-my fiancé he's in banking, so...
Jake: Oh, that helps.
Emily: Yeah, Roger really loves it here.
Jake: Well, I'm happy for you, Emily.
Emily: How about you, you got somebody?
Jake (nervous laughter): No.
Emily: I'm sorry, I shouldn't...
Jake: No you're not, you love it
Emily: Where have you been?
Jake: The Navy. (Emily looks away) Oh why even bother?
Emily: Seriously, where have you been?
Johnston: If you convince me that you are living a more productive life, then..
Eric: That's right Jake.
Jake: We were both born on third base, quit pretending you hit a triple.
Jake: (to Johnston) And when are you going to realize I am 32 years old?
Johnston: When you do.
Mary: You're not from around here are you?
Mimi: I came from DC to supervise a little audit on a farm. Is God punishing me?
Mary: You really should get to the basement at town hall.
Mimi: You think?
Fallout Alert: Attention, attention. There is radioactive fallout coming from the nuclear blast. You have less than 90 minutes to get indoors. I repeat, you have less than 90 minutes to get in doors. Use your basements. Put duck tape or leather tape to seal your homes. You have less than 90 minutes. There is a shelter at town hall and at the medical centre. There is radioactive fallout coming. You have less than 90 minutes to get in doors.
Skylar: Dale, Dale stop! Please! (he looks at her) Stay here. It's not safe out there. Please, stay here.
Mayor Johnston Green: Jericho has two underground shelters. One right here, under the town hall, the other under the medical clinic.
Jake: April, does the clinic have a fallout shelter?
April: Yes. What's going on?
Jake: It's back, come on.
Eric: Jake what are you doing back?
Cop: You should be in Wichita by now.
Jake: Smokey hill bridge is blocked. (He unzips the bag he just set down on the table)
Eric: What is that?
Jake: It's a flight data recorder. (There is a red box inside the bag clearly labeled Flight Data Recorder)
Cop: I thought they were supposed to be black?
Gail: You know I keep thinking about when we were kids and how they used to make us practice hiding under our desks in case of an atomic bomb.
Johnston: Yeah and duck for cover.
Gail: That's the first thing I thought of when I saw that mushroom cloud. Did they have enough time to hide under their desks? It's pretty stupid huh.
Stanley: Are you okay?
Mimi: Huh, if you call radiation poisoning "okay".
Stanley: Were you out in the rain, too?
Mimi: Heavens no! I touched a building when we came out of the shelter.
Stanley: Oh.
Mimi: Look, you can stop pretending.
Stanley: What do you mean?
Mimi: I audited your farm. Why do you care?
Stanley: Maybe I'm a nicer person than you.
Mimi: Right. Were you in the rain?
Stanley: Yeah, for about twenty minutes.
Mimi: Well, you look pretty good.
Stanley: Thanks. You know, try to work out.
(Mimi laughs)
Stanley: Look, um, you know I think I got the worst of it, so as long as I'm okay, you should be fine.
Mimi: You're really sweet. And you still owe the IRS $180,000.
Stanley: Yeah, I know
(Mimi rests her hand on a column, and when she lifts it, her hand is covered in black)
Mimi: What's this black stuff?
Mary: That used to be Denver.
Eric: I don't know if I told you this, but my father is impervious to mere germs.
April: Oh really?
Mayor Green: Yeah, I believe that was the quote.
Gail: First inauguration, I have it all on video.
Mayor Green: It was a joke, I was trying to... April, don't ever make a mistake, this family will never let you forget it!
Robert: Where did you go to school Sam?
Sam: Crow Island.
Robert: Who is your dad?
Sam: You.
Robert: Who loves you more than anything in the world?
Sam: You.
Robert: And Sam, who is always going to take care of you?
Sam: Mommy.
Eric: I'm telling you it's got to be the Midwest with the skyline I'm thinking Cincinnati. (talking about the video on the TV at the bar)
Jake: I wish we could read the license plates.
Eric: Well let's make Cincinnati a question mark.
Emily: Jake, hey, you're a good man for trying to help someone you didn't even know
Dale: Why are you such a jerk when you're with your friends?
Lisa: Did I interrupt a lovers' spat?
Skylar: Stop it Lisa!
Lisa: You know what, I'm gonna go home. I only came here because you begged me to.
Skylar: Just... go home.
Dale: That's a dollar 69.
Allison: Ok.
Dale: I got the last bag of corn chips.
Skylar: I'll give you $20 for them!