Quotes Of The 4400

Monday, December 3, 2007


Maia Rutledge: I don't wanna know things before they happen. I wanna be normal.
Diana Skouris: Normal? Who's normal anyway?
Maia Rutledge: You.
Diana Skouris: Me? Well, let me tell you something about normal people like me. They just wish they were special, like you.

Diana Skouris: Mister Tyler, I know you're trying to protect your family. But you have to realize that by staying here, you could be putting yourself in serious danger.
Richard Tyler: Maybe. But you know, I was born in 1922 - in Missouri. And my skin was black then as it is now. So I've had to worry about fire bombings, and lynchings and beatings my entire life. If there's anything I've learned, it's this. Eventually a man's gotta take a stand. I'm making mine right here.

Shawn Farrell: Me and 4,399 of my closest friends popped out of a ball of light right about here.

Richard Tyler: [to Lily] I'd give up another 53 years if it meant finding you again.

Shawn Farrell: [to Jordan Collier] That baby really kicked your ass.

Diana Skouris: [Marco hands Diana the fake version of Maia's diary of predictions] This is insane. It's also the nicest thing anybody's ever done for me.

Matthew Ross: [regarding Liv] You know, becoming involved with her is out of the question.
Shawn Farrell: Advise me all you want about the center, but ...
Matthew Ross: You are the center. Everything about you. You cannot afford to have an inappropriate relationship.
Shawn Farrell: Are you kidding me? Jordan Collier was all about inappropriate!
Matthew Ross: All the reason not to repeat his mistakes.
Shawn Farrell: And who exactly is the ideal girl for Shawn Farrell?
Matthew Ross: I'll tell you when I meet her.

Dr. Max Hudson: If I start to go crazy can you... take care of me?... In the back of the head!
Diana Skouris: You won't even see it coming... Dr. Hudson?
Dr. Max Hudson: I just gave you permission to blow my head off. You can call me Max.

Diana Skouris: My mother always wanted me to hit it off with a cute doctor, but move again and I'll pull this trigger.

Jordan Collier: She lies.

Jordan Collier: Close your mouth, Shawn... you'll draw flies.

Tom Baldwin: "Cult" is what a big congregation calls a little congregation.

Maia Rutledge: Don't you have something to believe in?
Shawn Farrell: I used to. But now I guess I'll just have to believe in you.
Diana: Well, it was more of an attempt at bonding, via a shared similar experience. Can you open the door?
Tom: How long did you go out with this guy?
Diana: Nine months.
Tom: Nine months. So you're equating your nine months of dating, with my nineteen years of marriage?
Diana: You're right, ok, forget it. You want me to drive?
Tom: What for?
Diana: I don't know. So you can brood?
Diana: You know, I had a boyfriend once. Every time...
Tom: Boyfriend?
Diana: Well, don't look so surprised. God!
Diana: Is this all that's left when you're done, a box of trinkets?
Tom: They're not trinkets, they're memories, the kind you leave behind, you know, for family and friends.
Diana: Hmm, I should get to work on that.
Tom: I'm not going there.
Diana: Well, believe it or not, some of us are happier alone.
Tom: No one's happy alone, if they are they're kidding themselves.
Diana: I thought you weren't going there.
Richard: My friend, her name was Lily, too. Lily Bonham.

Lily: That's my grandmother's name.
Richard: Lily Bonham from St. Louis?
Lily: You knew my grandmother.
Richard: Is she still alive?
Lily: I'm sorry. She died before I was born.
Edwin: It would seem my abductors have quite a perverse sense of humour. I will of course, continue to heal for as long as my body allows. At least then, my death will have a purpose other than vengeance.
Lee: (to Richard) Oh! You want vengeance! Well, sorry to disappoint you. That's not gonna work out either. Time has kicked my ass worse than you ever could.
Maia: I don't understand. Why do you have to go? Can't you just say you're sorry?
April: It doesn't alway's work that way with grown ups. Sometimes things get so messed up that sorry doesn't cut it. It happens a lot when I'm involved, actually.
Maia: But if you only just leave, nothing get's better.
Matthew: Why don't you let me handle the meet and greet. I'll figure out if there's anything to these stories. In the meantime, there's a move I'd like you to consider making. Call it the next phase in your development as a leader.
Shawn: Matthew, I told you I would read The Art Of War, ok?
Matthew: I want you to call your Mom. I know Jordan counseled you to distance yourself from your family.

Shawn: Before Jordan was telling me anything, my family had already distanced themselves from me.
Matthew: Family dynamics are complex.
Tom: Kyle! Kyle!
Kyle: Yeah, I'm in here. Hold on a sec.
Tom: It's ten after eight. You taking the day off?
Kyle: Guess my alarm didn't go off.
(to Matthew Ross about calling Shawn's family)
Shawn: I don't think that a phone call is gonna lead straight into some kind of group hug.
Diana: So are you satisfied now that some babies will be saved and you got your pound of flesh?
Tom: It looks like justice to me.
Diana: Your tissue is healing itself from trauma that quickly! Kevin, you've developed a 4400 ability!
Kevin: It's getting there - it doesn't always work.
Diana: Doesn't always work? You just put a scalpel through the back of your hand!
Kevin: I know, I was nervous about that.
Boyd Gelder: (to Alana) TJ was a solider. She'd rather have me put a bullet in her head than betray us.

Diana: (to Tom) I didn't tell anyone, just Marco. Well, at least I thought it was Marco.
Isabelle: We could have sex.
Shawn: Isabelle....uh...no.
Isabelle: I was teaching myself to swim.
Shawn: In your clothes?
Tom (on the phone, after sedating Maia): It's done. I gave the girl a massive dose of the inhibitor. She won't be having any visions for a couple of weeks.
Maia: That was kind of weird, huh? How we just saw each other on the street?
Tom: Well, to be honest Maia, it wasn't a coincidence. I wanted to talk to you about your mom.
Jordan: The time has come for this city to begin healing. I never intended promicin to spread this way, but the sacrifices of the past few days have not been in vain! This tragedy, terrible as it may have been, had meaning, and those who died, are the heralds of a new age!
Thousands upon thousands of you have new abilities, and in time, you will all contribute to this movement. A movement that now claims all seattle as its home!
We stood by the city in its hour of need, and we will now guide this city into the future. We're all miracles,
every one of us, and together, we will do wonderous things.
I've spoken to the world before of heaven on earth. Many of you thought it impossible, but now, I'm convinced, we will see it in our lifetimes!
Rebecca Parrish: You made your choice. You were our only hope for the future.
Isabelle: Your future's dead now.